Self exclusion process
Self-exclusion involves requesting one or more gambling entities to prohibit your participation in gambling activities with them for a specified period, typically ranging from 6 months to 5 years. This entails a restriction from gambling on their premises, as well as through their website or application. It is a legal requirement for gambling companies to provide the self-exclusion option.
The process of self-exclusion operates as follows:
- Exiting the program before the exclusion period concludes is not permitted.
- Verification of identity, including a photo and address proof, is mandatory.
- Elimination from all marketing databases ensures no further contact.
- Post-exclusion, automatic inclusion in marketing databases will not occur.
- Shared information is confined to operators within the self-exclusion scheme.
- If you visit a venue, the company and staff will make reasonable efforts to assist you, requesting your departure and informing other venues in the scheme.